Do you recognize that decision-making is stuck? Do you have commitments that are not being met? Or do you feel that things are happening within your team or organisation that aren’t coming out in the open?
Deep Democracy is a practical approach for anyone working with or in groups. It is democratic because in this facilitation method every voice counts to make the most wise and broadly supported decisions. It is deep because it goes far beyond conventional methods of exchanging ideas, conflict resolution and decision-making. The group process is enriched by visualising values, convictions and hidden emotions and utilising diversity.
Some of the following topics will be discussed during the training:
- How does Deep Democracy help when people don’t speak up any more, saying yes but doing nothing , decision-making gets bogged down and conflicts continue to exist?
- What are the principles of Deep Democracy?
- What approach leads to the utilisation of the available wisdom and potential?
- Which check-in will develop trust at the beginning of your meeting?
- How do you apply the five steps of the Lewis method to make broadly supported decisions?
- What does the iceberg metaphor tell you about the group consciousness and the group unconsciousness?
- What insights in the field of emotional and social intelligence do you put at the forefront?
- Which metaskills do you need as a supervisor or participant in group processes and how do you apply those skills?
- At what times, as a supervisor, do you run the risk of losing your neutrality and how do you prevent it?
- How do you regain your neutrality once you've lost it?
- Which listening levels are involved and how do you effectively apply those listening qualities?
- How do you recognize that things are going on in the undercurrent that have a blocking effect on achieving the desired result?
- Which four steps do you employ to make sure that what is not expressed eventually comes to the table?
- How do you deal with sabotage behaviour?
- How does power distribution make a difference and how do you deal with it?
- How does the correct way of voting ensure that what is shared, is what is needed to go forward with the majority decision?
- How do you apply Deep Democracy techniques in one-on-one conversations?
- Which check-out and follow-up ensure sustainable results?
Through the digital learning platform, you can access, among other things, handy checklists that you can use to successfully apply the Deep Democracy insights into your daily practice. In addition, you can use phone and/or email coaching that can be provided by the trainer upon request.
The price of the four-day open enrolment programme, Deep Democracy, is € 2,170. This amount is exclusive of VAT, but includes costs of materials and care.
- Monday March 1st, Tuesday March 2nd, Monday April 5th and Monday May 10th of 2021 (Utrecht)
- Monday June 21st, Tuesday June 22nd, Monday September 13th and Monday October 11th of 2021 (Utrecht)
- Monday September 20th, Tuesday September 21st, Wednesday November 3th and Tuesday November 23th of 2021 (Utrecht)
- Wednesday November 24th, Thursday November 25th, Wednesday December 22nd of 2021 and Wednesday January 19th of 2022 (Utrecht)